The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation which is intended strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU).
It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU.
The GDPR aims to:
- give citizens and residents better control over their personal data, and;
- simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
Data controllers must implement appropriate security measures, both on a technical and organisation level, to ensure that when personal data is collected it is only used for the specific purpose mentioned.
The regulation came into force on 25 May 2018.
The GDPR is not a directive, and does not require national governments to pass any enabling legislation, and is thus directly binding and applicable.
HotSoft 7, HotSoft 8, HotSoft Online, HotSoft Spa and Serviator are in scope for GDPR.
To comply with these regulations, the following documentation has been created as guidance for users:
- HotSoft 7 Software Instructions
- HotSoft 8 GDPR Software Instructions
- HotSoft Online Software Instructions
- Serviator Software Instructions
- Spa Software Instructions
For more information on GDPR, click here.